Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Hello There, Guest!
or Register
Stand Proud
09-15-2020, 09:15 AM
  Reply  | 
gabriel
Pacing along the very borders of the Askan woods, Gabriel's pale eyes kept glancing to his left side. The side that felt the caresses of the fog that curled around the bases of the tall trees. A strange feeling, feeling a dense smoke press up and nearly smother one side, while the other felt the freedom fo breathing. One side felt the sun, and the other had felt the moon.

As much as the sun felt nice against bright-colored fur, his eyes couldn't help but keep trailing back to the dark side of the moon. So much so, that he didn't even realize he had stopped until he felt an errant gust of wind against his back. It was almost as if something beyond him was pushing him forward, but he wouldn't budge, of course, he wouldn't. He was a stubborn creature like that.

There was nothing amiss in the woods, nothing of import nor significance... and yet he still couldn't tear his eyes away from the creep and darkly beckoning forest. His eyes narrowed for a moment as he forced his head, and by extension, his eyes, away from the scene. Why was he here? Was he looking for trouble? Maybe. He was feeling unusually restless, there was a pinch in his back—right in between the shoulder blades. A pinch that he couldn't stretch out or sleep off. It was messing with his focus and his temperament. At least, if there was something he could be entirely confident in saying that he was good at, it was repressing such feelings.

"here comes the sun"

@Esmeray
— coded by aureate —

09-15-2020, 11:23 PM
  Reply  | 

Esmeray de Agnor Valencia
Ever since the King's outlaw of wandering the forest without due reason, the woman could not help but suddenly find the labyrinth more fascinating than before. For what could draw out wolves, what could call out to unsuspecting beings and risk watching their own body swing against the wind in some metaphysical form? A part of her wanted to feel it, feel the call of some impostor attempt to use her darker desires against herself only to watch the tides turn against them. Another part wanted the feeling of power and righteousness flood her body as she brought a bloodied Harbinger to the marbled halls of the king.

Today unlike all other days, she would indeed find someone lurking on the edges. Her suspicions, however, would not immediately identify him as a potential threat, but rather a curious being who chose the wrong day to satisfy interests in the forest. She would not place attention on herself, not yet anyways. Rather, she found herself peculiarly attentive to her steps to draw as little attention as possible. To avoid the dried leaves and twigs that would undoubtedly crunch under her ebony paws. Esmeray would continue the process until she found herself close enough to speak without raising her voice.

"What do we have here? Did news of King Eridanus' disapproval of civilians lurking near the forest not reach your ears?" Despite the rather clear cut warning of the words — being that any wayfarers would be imprisoned and killed — her voice lacked malicious intent. In fact, it lacked any intent as blue eyes burned into equally blue hues to see which flame would succumb to the fire of the other.

I speak & Familiar speaks

table ▸ bunny

09-20-2020, 07:05 AM
  Reply  | 
gabriel
He stopped short in his pacing when the crunch of dried undergrowth reached his ears, the sound coming not from his paws but afar. He had only turned his head slightly so that he could look from the corner of his vision, just getting a glimpse of what appeared to him as an easy approaching wolf. It was only when the wolf spoke did he turn fully to look at his newfound company. "What do we have here? Did news of King Eridanus' disapproval of civilians lurking near the forest not reach your ears?" Gabriel stood stock-still for a moment, looking the woman over with a studying gaze—were they at The Citadel or The Marketplace, he would've been more secretive in his once-over, or more polite and courteous. However, these were territories known for their stories, known to have villains such as Harbingers dwell within them. It was only when his eyes met with her again did he feel some instinctual need to take a step back. A twinge in his brow, a twitch at the corner of his pale lips, it was a bizarre and sudden feeling—one he definitely wasn't used to getting from others, it just made him all the more cautious.

A breath. Then he stood a little taller and announced himself. "I am Gabriel, a Templar of The Order," Although there was no need to add the faction whose flag he was under, his title was enough information, it had just rolled off the tongue. Easy and formal. "I am servicing the crown by doing my duty, hunting Harbingers." It was a moment where he didn't speak the truth, Templars patrolled and arrested Harbingers, they didn't hunt them as though prey—but that was just an embellishment on his part, something personal that wasn't meant to slip out and yet it did. "Pray tell, what is your business near these woods? You are aware of the King's opinion." His last comment was no more of an observation, a fact that they both knew. He attempted ot keep his face blank, but there was that calculating look in his eyes, one that was cold and had no place in one as young as he was.

"here comes the sun"

@Esmeray
— coded by aureate —

09-27-2020, 08:39 PM
  Reply  | 

She took his words into consideration. Every one of them. From which she would conclude that he was not a man of the inner circle if he was patrolling the edge of the forest. She had met the Captain in the mountains, a man who wanted nothing more than to eradicate the disease from the root.

Pray tell,
what is your business near these woods?
You are aware of the King's opinion.

A faint smile curled on the edges of her lips as she responded smoothly, "Indeed I am, his opinion has reached both the reclusive Nobles and the slums of Yaurith." Her eyes searched his for anything — suspicion, doubt or even curiosity. However, she would find none of such. Only a cold, placid face either forged from the dedication he put into his position or one forged out of habit. Neither of which piqued her interest enough to delve and interrogate further. "I am merely a Noble whose curiosity has led me here," she spoke in half truths. It was not curiosity that led her here but rather a more sinister and bloodthirsty feeling that lingered in the catacombs of her heart.

"But enough about me," she commented, changing the subject with ease. "If your search for a Harbinger has led you no where, perhaps I can make your time worth it." The truth was that she was simply itching for a fight. After getting robbed in the Marketplace and waking up next to a man (who presumably was unwed), she needed to take her anger out on something that wasn't the servants in her home — for she feared she would gain the same reputation as her father.

"How about a spar, Templar knight?" Her head tilted innocently as she continued, "I have always admired your kind from afar. You wouldn't mind teaching me a few things, would you?"

table ▸ bunny

11-09-2020, 05:06 AM
  Reply  | 
gabriel
Something like ice pressed at the back of his neck, a cold trickle down his spine and settling in between his shoulder blades. He couldn't help feeling defensive. He didn't trust that "smile", the easy flow of her words. "Indeed I am. his opinion has reached both the reclusive nobles and the slums of Yaurith" Blue of a different hue staring at his own, she could search but she likely wouldn't find anything. All of his cards he had kept close to the chest, shielding them from prying eyes and snooping noses. "I am merely a Noble whose curiosity has led me here." Gabriel wanted to bite back on his tongue. He never had any trust towards nobles, but at the same time, he knew better than to make trouble for them. He huffed a breath of air out, trying and almost failing to relax his defensive appearance.

At the back of his mind, he took note that the supposed noblewoman didn't give her name, but for now, he figured it all had to do with the politics they happily wrapped themselves in.

"But enough about me," His ears strained forward of their own volition, he couldn't help the sinking feeling in his gut at the words. "If your search for a Harbinger has led you no where, perhaps I can make your time worth it." His pale eyes narrowed, he really didn't want to be an errand boy for the day. He already was going down a list of excuses to see which would work best for the noblewoman when she had spoken again. "How about a spar, Templar knight?" The look on his face visibly brightened at that, he could do that, he could absolutely have a spar. "I have always admired your kind from afar. You wouldn't mind teaching me a few things, would you?" A second of downfall at the corner of his mouth, he was no teacher, he was but an initiate and she had mistaken him for a knight (which was entirely his own fault). It was no matter, surely his beginner's experience in battle was enough to convince a noble (who he assumed had no experience) he was what she assumed.

Maybe it wasn't out of fear of outing himself as an initiate but actually a test against himself, whether he could be fit to be called a knight.

"I am no master of battle, but I can show you what they teach us during training." He didn't know if that was allowed but he also didn't care at the moment. They were out near the woods, and nobles should know—at the very least—the basics of fighting.

Gabriel didn't wait for a response instead, taking some distance away from the unnamed noblewoman and getting into a readying fighting position. He wouldn't take the first move or surprise attack first out of respect of, not only the practice bout, but for the other.

"here comes the sun"
@Esmeray
— coded by aureate —

11-23-2020, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 05:55 PM by Esmeray.)
  Reply  | 

A gentleman was what Gabriel was, offering the first move to a woman almost thrice his age out of respect and potentially honor. A gesture which Esmeray would not turn down. She was a creature who enjoyed winning. So, if winning meant graciously accepting Grabiel's chivalrous offer, she would do it without hesitation.

I am no master of battle,
But I can show you what they teach us during training.

A faint smile flickered along the edges of her lips. "Then let me thank you in advance." Confidence came from the woman, perhaps the result of being raised with a plentiful life at hand or the result of her assurance within her abilities. Nevertheless, the fact remained that despite the two wolves being a part of the Order, Esmeray saw him as inferior until he was fully recognized as a knight.

With that, Esmeray would break into a full fledged sprint as the grass of the woodlands were crushed under her weight. An exhilaration that the woman had not felt in years coursed through her veins as her true calling came to light. Her muzzle split into a snarl, pulling her lips back and revealing black gums and white teeth. Her nails dug into the soft dirt as she propelled herself forwards as she would attempt to go for an immediate pin.

table ▸ bunny