Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Hello There, Guest!
or Register
PM 
Serpentine and Wine
10-18-2020, 02:09 AM
   | 
She wasn't sure how long she had to hunker down in that abandoned slum, hiding from the scorching rays of daylight. Genetic mutations were a bitch, but at least she wasnt being treated like an expensive piece of jewelry anymore.... And at least she ensured that scum would never reproduce. Harkon was such an ass, for taking her back to that guy over and over again. He should have seen something like this coming. But at least he saw reason, and that it was simply logical to keep her around for her ability to produce toxic concoctions. For once, her home clan actually taught her something useful, other than how to be a broken vase.

She had left the confines of the fallen stone ruins the moment thr sky turned colors, stars showing themselves. Finally, it was her time, it was her domain now. But as she started to head to the marketplace.... A shooting pain stabbed through her head, flashes of that female wolf snapping at her face, fully intent to rip it off. She felt renewed pain to the scar around her eye, and she began hyperventilating. Change of plans- she needed whiskey.

Arachnae shook her head hard, reminding herself it was in the past, everything was fine... Ish now. The movement awoke the sleeping sunrise cobra wrapped around her neck. Rinora flicked her tongue at the fluff in the rose woman's ear, causing her to flick it, huffing in irritation at the snake. Ara changed course, heading to the capital of the city, the home of the vile, disgusting nobles and others in Yaurith. How aweful this world was, but she would get some booze in her system, and enjoy the presence of an entertainer or two. Soon, she reached the building. The broken windows glowed, shadows moving across them from the hustle abd bustle inside. From the gaping cracks, music flowed through the air. Arach wasnt interested in any of these things as she made her way into the building, heading towards the bar. It took five minutes for a tender to notice the erythistic woman, and by then she had already snarled at a man not to touch her ass. Scum. "Vodka cran, straight- no ice." she stated. She hated ice, it hurt her fangs. Soon her drink was delivered, and in a moment she had half of the glass down, sighing as she felt her body buzz with the relief of fading memories. Much better. Rinora had the audacity to flick her tongue into the diluted red substance, and hissed violently at the glass, the taste foul and harsh to the cobra. Arach snorted slightly, the antics of her familiar humorous as always.

@Shiver

10-24-2020, 12:35 AM
   | 
Shiver Addams

He was already hunkered down among the daunting crowd of lost souls and broken hearts. He'd taken a place in the back, but Shiver wasn't here for the booze or the fine women; who continuously sought his attention , brushing up against his sides, or shoulders. An attempt to seduce him, to which Shiver would only offer a gentlemans smile and the slight dip of his handsome crown before turning his pale green pools from them. Returning back, to study the building crowd and listen in on conversations that may be of interest to a man who only sought his next muse. His cobra, of vibrant gold would bury herself within his thick coat around his neck and chest, seeking the warmth of his frame as they sat and observed quietly.

There was honestly little of interest, and the woman he would soon rise to approach didn't necessarily catch his attention either. But it was...something to do you could say. He watched in silence as she approached the bar, caught only by her almost matching serpent that draped upon her shoulders, and he sat in silent observation for a time. Eventually deciding to strike conversation with the...unique woman. Her body splattered ungracefully in mismatched hues.

Colors that seemed misplaced to Shiver, her right eye gave him a bitter taste in his mouth that he did not appreciate. It ruined her symmetry. Sighing he would approach casually, taking a place beside her without hesitation. "Here to drink away your troubles like everyone else, miss?" he inquired gently, offering her a sideways glance.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

10-24-2020, 12:55 AM
   | 
Rinora stopped dancing, but Arach didnt turn to see why until she had downed another drink, sighing deeply.
Here to drink away your troubles like everyone else, miss?
The voice was gentle, masculine. Red and blue eyed woman turned to see exactly why Rinora was distracted- another female monocled cobra. It had been a long time since she had seen one other than Rinora, and never before had she met another wolf with one as a familiar. "More than troubles are to be washed away from this shattered mind of mine, sir." she replied. And it was perfectly true, more than troubles were ailments to her. She experienced pain, too. Things that the alcohol would only temporarily ease. Things that not much could truly heal. Her soul was too broken, but regardless, her eyes shifted up to her cobra, whom had lifted herself up high above Arachs head in curiosity. Not moving closer, not that the distance she was at would protect her from a strike. While their venom wouldn't kill eachother, it would be a wrestle match until exhaustion, or death. But hopefully Rinora's general lack of hostility would keep any feminine spats from happening. Familiars were far more intelligent than their wild counterparts, anyhow. "And you? You do not smell of alcohol, or the painful sorrow of most of the fools here. And you.... You seem not to seek a woman's bed this evening, or you wouldnt bother with a damaged maiden like I." she said, eyes narrowed in questioning. Maybe... Just maybe.... He had been referred to her by Feyra? Her drug distribution was still fairly on the down low, kept to a very small group of high paying clients. The funding was slowly allowing her to build up her payload, her production was increasing- and soon Acronitum would be birthed into the world.

10-24-2020, 06:13 AM
   | 
Shiver Addams

"More than troubles are to be washed away from this shattered mind of mine, sir." she rebutted, Shiver raised a brow, cocking his head more so in her direction to acknowledge her words. "Oh?" he inquired gently, a simple, curious word strewn from masculine jowls. "Well, I don't think booze is such a solution - just a band aid you know. It'll still be there when you wake up in the morning" he added, green eyes shifting back to the bustle of their surroundings.

"And you? You do not smell of alcohol, or the painful sorrow of most of the fools here. And you.... You seem not to seek a woman's bed this evening, or you wouldn't bother with a damaged maiden like I."

Shiver stretched, rolling his shoulders as he rotated his body so he could sit down and lean his back against the wood slab of the bar, there was a...minor irritation with the womans words that struck him at his core. But he'd not let it show, not even a glimpse of disdain or frustration brushed upon his features as he considered her. He simply asked, "You seem to think you can gather a lot about a stranger " the comment was a simply observation. "- you don't even know my name; and already you seek to spit accusations" he added, eyes dancing between the woman and the their chattering detached company. Anger didn't linger on his tongue, he was factual and honest, keeping his emotions in check.

"However I ─ am a man of business. And unfortunately dear, the reason i'm here I cannot share....you understand, don't you? The boss would have my head if I disobeyed" he explained, a charming smile stretching over his snowy maw as his pale emerald pools caught her mixed eyes.

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

10-24-2020, 03:29 PM
   | 
His words were pleaced upon empty ears, as they meant nothing to the diamond backed woman.
Well, I don't think booze is such a solution - just a band aid you know. It'll still be there when you wake up in the morning.
Of course they would, but at least the pain and nightmares would have subsided, and the string of mental attacks from such things would no longer ail her, for a time being.
You seem to think you can gather a lot about a stranger - you don't even know my name; and already you seek to spit accusations.
A wicked grin spread across the rose woman's face, "Only a guilty man sees an accusation in a question...." she said, sipping at her drink.
However I ─ am a man of business. And unfortunately dear, the reason i'm here I cannot share....you understand, don't you? The boss would have my head if I disobeyed
Business.... Oh how lucky she kust have gotten. Was it possible that just maybe, she had found another stalker of the shadows? "I see.... I suppose you could say my work has also brought me here." it was true, she was always on the lookout for potiental victims. Women to alert Harkon of, to capture- and then sell on the black market. Not to mention Arach's own drug business.

10-24-2020, 06:05 PM
   | 
Shiver Addams

"Only a guilty man sees an accusation in a question...." he smiled. Oh, how he smiled. "It wasn't a question" he began. "The beginning perhaps, but you answered for me before giving me a chance to speak for myself - and only those who have gotten caught attempt to flip the the spotlight onto their company" he explained, with a knowing smirk. "Don't you see what you're doing? " he pushed the issue, an attempt to force her to open her eyes, hopefully more easily with the bit of alcohol in her system.

"I see.... I suppose you could say my work has also brought me here." the conversation shifted, Shiver had little interest in what her work was, but considered also that it might be of some benefit to him. But if he was unwilling to share, perhaps she was too? It was a fair deal he couldn't argue with, but he'd try anyway. "Is that to say that it drove you here?" to drink. To get away, did it push her here or was she really here doing unseeming work like himself?

"Speaking"

Table @ Centience

10-24-2020, 06:17 PM
   | 
Arachnae's inner viper wanted to strike, to wtach him stain the floor crimson, like her beautiful lover, and owner of the brothel. Her face stayed exactly how it was, holding that mischievous, curious smile. But oh how she wanted to lunge at him.
Is that to say that it drove you here?
She thought of what to say carefully. This was a complicated game of cards, and how to play them was still obscured. Unless he was in the dark side of the market as well, she didnt know if it was safe to tell him anything. Although, there was no way that they could actually hold her for any charges. Even if she told him what she did, and they arrested her, they would never be able to prove anything. So perhaps a gentle dance upon this subject was a good idea. "In a way. You could say that my work often draws me here to the brothel, and perhaps I'm always working. Even during my leisure time, there is always work to be done." she said. "And you? Did your work bring you here? To..... Survey stock? she asked, one brow lifted in question.

10-26-2020, 11:32 PM
   | 
they're whisperin' again;

"In a way. You could say that my work often draws me here to the brothel, and perhaps I'm always working. Even during my leisure time, there is always work to be done." he quirked a brow, well, he could suppose he agreed with that. But Shiver's wasn't exactly...work. It was more of an art form. A necessity "And you? Did your work bring you here? To..... Survey stock?" with this his eyes came to narrow upon her for only a moment, well well...now he was more intrigued with what it was SHE did for a...living. He brushed aside his initial surprise, a soft chuckle emanating from deep in his chest. “Excuse me?” he rumbled back.

“Are...you here to do that ma'am?” he asked leaning in slightly so they might be free of eavesdroppers, now curious of the details of her work. “You can't just ask something like that and not explain” he mused pushing her for answers now. Well, now she'd just backed herself into a corner, hadn't she?

“Shiver speaking.”
Familiar speaking.

Code by Dusk

10-26-2020, 11:46 PM
   | 
Arachnae's smug look never once wavered. She seemed to have him confused, and understanding all at once. He had something to do with the black market, she was sure of it, she just didn't know what. That way he hovered here, not interested in drinking or women. He wasnt even meeting someone. He stuck out like a rose is a field of dandelions.
Excuse me? Are you here to do that, ma'am?
He questioned. "In a way. I won't touch any of these fools, though. I am not hands on, in my profession. I am what you could call a.... Serveyer.... You.... I am very curious to what you do. You radiate toxic energy, I feel it. You have touched the dark tendrils of the black market." she said, but her words hinted at question rather than statement. She leaned back from him, downing the rest of her drink and ordering, rather than a refill, a whiskey sour.

10-27-2020, 12:10 AM
   | 
they're whisperin' again;

"In a way. I won't touch any of these fools, though. I am not hands on, in my profession. I am what you could call a....surveyor...you....I am very curious to what you do. You radiate toxic energy, I feel it. You have touched the dark tendrils of the black market."

Toxic? He couldn't help the scoff that drew from his lips, a huff pushing from dark nostrils. He was baffled honestly, rose ears turned back, curving back against his crown in disbelief, how dare she accuse him of such atrocities. The expression upon his face was just that...anger, confusion...hurt. Morrigan who could feel Shivers rising tensions would tighten around him slightly, her muscles coiling in an attempt to reassure him, to calm his bristling temper of pain that seared beneath the surface as she leaned away from him it only grew.

Shiver leaned in closer, eating up the space she had created by daring to back away from him. Hackles bristling as dominance began to radiate over his body, muscles growing taught

“The black market?” he nearly spat the words onto the cobblestone floor. “I would never dip my paws in such filth ─ I am of Noble blood ” he stated sharply, turning the tides of the conversation and the mood of the setting, several heads within the bar pivoting in the direction of the pair as Shiver was about to nearly tip the woman over if she chose to keep leaning away from him. Never once did he touch a single hair on her body though.

“Shiver speaking.”
Familiar speaking.

Code by Dusk