Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Hello There, Guest!
or Register
A warriors call
11-15-2020, 08:22 AM
  Reply  | 
It was...only days ago, that he'd drug Riven from the darkness of the Askan woods and back all the way up into their home within the citadel. For some reason the memory of her slouched, defeated frame cast a permanent image into the forefront of his thoughts. A small, almost inaudible huff would pass his nostrils causing them to flare slightly from where he lay within the confines of his dark room. The sun had not yet broken the horizon in theses early morning hours. Casually his cold silver eyes drifted to his companion, the panthers back pressed against the rubble wall on the opposite side of the room. As Hexx's head turned to acknowledge him, the cat's head would rise, the feline yawning before he stretched. He knew, through that silent stare - that it was time to get up and get moving. Hexx was first, pulling his limbs under to lift himself from the hard floor. Giving a light shake to free any dust or debris from his pelt before he made his way out with Bhishak in tow behind him.

He patrolled silently through dark corridors in these small hours between night and day. Even while he worked, keen, dead eyes observing carefully every dark corner, they offered him a sense of peace, moments to clear his head. Some days he relished these fragments of time. But even as few and far between as they were; most often he loathed them. And would seek distraction with a desperate fervor to silence the screams of his brethren...his eyes grew far more distant, pulling his focus inward...

It was the contact of Bhishak, his companions head gently bumping against Hexx's side that would draw him back. Almost causing his body to jolt in response to the mere graze of touch. Silver pools snapped back to look at the face of his familiar in silent knowing. "Come on...let's keep moving. " he rumbled. The patrol would not finish itself.

"hexx speaks"

Table @ Centience. Art @ amphispiza on DA

11-15-2020, 08:51 AM
  Reply  | 
the morning had barely come, all seemed quiet in the confines templars quarters. the jet black visage of Farkas could seldom be heard, as he made his way through the corridors. the sun bare peaking its warmth over the horizon as vibrant gold eyes fell upon the only other figure in the Corridor. a quiet huff of approval slipped from his muzzle as Farkas lurched forward,, the cold of the morning seeming to bring stiffer joints in his older age. stopping adjacent to his comrade, Farkas nodded before looking back to Hexx." you know, the more you dwell on what you've lost, the more you lose yourself. every soldier dies for the grater good of our order, do well to remember that. that feeling alone may not console you, but know that they meant something." his words bellowed through the empty corridor with a low echo, knowing the severity of his words, a small smirk curled up his muzzle awaiting a response.

11-15-2020, 09:27 AM
  Reply  | 

The dark figure of the man was seen before his complete encroachment upon his space, a single ear would come to pivot in his direction. He knew of him, Captains were difficult to turn a blind eye to, their esteemed rank known through most of the Templar. Though he couldn't say he knew him on any sort of personal level. " you know, the more you dwell on what you've lost, the more you lose yourself. every soldier dies for the grater good of our order, do well to remember that. that feeling alone may not console you, but know that they meant something." Hexx could feel his muscles stiffen at the words of his superior, cold dead silver eyes drifting to meet those golden eyes clashed against jet black fur. They meant something, perhaps if they had father - great commander Baldric would not of demanded their execution by the one they trusted to be their friend. Their brother.

"I lost myself a long time ago; but I don't need to be consoled on the matter Captain" he mused, almost casual about his approach of words, they were empty, lacking in that of emotion or even pain for his lost brothers, all of Hexx's emotions lived somewhere locked deep within him, a dying ember of potential snuffed out quickly by the very soldier that had created him. Some times he wondered - what his grandfather was like, to make his father into the renowned but dying shell of the man Hexx had always known him to be. He glanced once more back to his unwarranted company, "Is there...anything I can do for you, Captain?" he wondered, why was he here?

"hexx speaks"

Table @ Centience. Art @ amphispiza on DA

11-15-2020, 09:44 AM
  Reply  | 
easily amused by the response of the young man, Farkas could help but chuckle. seeing as his response told more than first thought." you are the Commanders son no? as for what i wish, i have been assigned , to handle matters that require a certain... touch if you will. since it would seem you are garrisoned id like to get familiar with the soldiers I meet here, since it does pertain to my mission. your name did come across in passing more than a few times. you were caught up in the mess several months back, dealing with the execution of a group of traitors were you not?" his demeanor seemed to relax as the smirk grew to an almost smile." as i said before, for the good of the order, they were dealt with properly. we must handle all internal matters with swift justice. traitors must know their place. a swift death and a shallow grave no?" his gold eyes never leaving their mark, as they narrowed with the end of his sentence.

11-15-2020, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 07:19 PM by Hexx.)
  Reply  | 
" you are the Commanders son no? as for what i wish, i have been assigned , to handle matters that require a certain... touch if you will. since it would seem you are garrisoned id like to get familiar with the soldiers I meet here, since it does pertain to my mission. your name did come across in passing more than a few times. you were caught up in the mess several months back, dealing with the execution of a group of traitors were you not?"

Muscles grew even more tense, binding tightly as both of his dark ears curved back as he listened to the Captains explanation. No one had the nerve prior to directly ask about the rumors they had heard, not even Captain Lugh, who Hexx worked directly under had brought it up to him, and he was certain he knew of it briefly as well. The Knight gave a huff, cold eyes of steel set onto those of gold of the Captain before him. " as i said before, for the good of the order, they were dealt with properly. we must handle all internal matters with swift justice. traitors must know their place. a swift death and a shallow grave no?"

HIs lip would come to curl then, pale ivory teeth flashing like daggers against the dawning light of the morning for only a brief moment a long pause, and then "they were not traitors," he finally rumbled. "they were soldiers - I wouldn't consider their deaths to be a justice" he growled low, "I mean no disrespect - Captain; but I work under Captain Lugh as his second, I can't say that I know it's your place to come and interrogate me " his hard eyes found the Captains; daring him to press on with the topic.

""

Table @ Centience.

11-16-2020, 03:02 AM
  Reply  | 
his response told Farkas all that was needed. a Fanged grin grew completely before stepping closer." matters of the internal sort are in fact my business young man. as for what i can only assume were your friends. I would say it to be a Boon for you, in the future to keep better company. both the command of this garrison as well as several Nobles are under investigation of and for subversion and traitorous intent. So i would say I am well within my parameters, in fact id chat with your Commanding officer once i have the time. as for the previous execution. they died a traitors death, for which only serves the purpose of the order and its people. soldiers, civilians, Nobles. all can succumb to the dark twisted ways we fight so hardf to protect, as im sure you know first hand boy." noticing his elevated mood Farkas chuckled to himself, relaxed completely, though the intensity of his gaze would cause any lower man to fall week in the knees, he was impressed by the young mans tenacity.

11-16-2020, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 04:05 AM by Hexx.)
  Reply  | 
" matters of the internal sort are in fact my business young man. as for what i can only assume were your friends. I would say it to be a Boon for you, in the future to keep better company. both the command of this garrison as well as several Nobles are under investigation of and for subversion and traitorous intent. So i would say I am well within my parameters, in fact id chat with your Commanding officer once i have the time. as for the previous execution. they died a traitors death, for which only serves the purpose of the order and its people. soldiers, civilians, Nobles. all can succumb to the dark twisted ways we fight so hard to protect, as I'm sure you know first hand boy."

Words spewed with a bold step closer to him, he ignored all of Hexx's cues, his stiffening muscles, the pinning of his ears, unafraid the Captain almost wanted him to react. And this time, Hexx would oblige, his hackles bristling upon his shoulders and all the way down his spine to his rump, a rough, ragged growl sounding from deep within the mans chest as once again the Captain sought to insult the very men he trained with.

There was a pause, as the tension hung in the air between them before Hexx moved, muscles binding he would rotate his muzzle swiftly. Jaws gaping to bite onto the entirety of the Captains muzzle and clamp down hard.

""

Table @ Centience.

11-20-2020, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 01:01 AM by Aistiva.)
  Reply  | 
Farkas has won the battle!

Out with the old, in with the new? I don't think so! He has established dominance over Hexx!

Hexx HP: 38

vs.

Farkas HP: 55

Farkas and Hexx have earned the following rewards!

+1 battle toward Combat Experience

11-20-2020, 03:03 AM
  Reply  | 
With blood dripping from his maw, Farkas scoffed spitting to his side, still over the wounded Knight." you have guts boy, but guts will not save you from experience. remember that I am a captain for a reason. youd do well to remember you place. i will certainly be informing the commander of this attempt at insubordination. wear those scars as a reminder s to what will happen if you for get your place." The old man carried on down the corridor, blood beginning to soak his fur from, the few good strikes the young man laid.

11-21-2020, 07:19 AM
  Reply  | 
Silver eyes flickered up to the Captains, hardened even in his defeat, blood dripping from the deep gash upon his chin; which throbbed each wave sent an agonizing sort of pain up through his lower jaw and teeth. From the cold stone floor Hexx lay, ready to rise, to defend himself as the man towered over him, he felt his lip instinctively curl. " you have guts boy, but guts will not save you from experience. remember that I am a captain for a reason. youd do well to remember you place. i will certainly be informing the commander of this attempt at insubordination. wear those scars as a reminder s to what will happen if you for get your place." ...the commander. Father. Well that was great.

Hexx gave a huff at the accusations, insubordination sure - but it was the Captain who'd stepped out of line by sticking his nose where it didn't belong. Of course, Commander would not see it as such. Silver eyes followed the man as he made his leave, lingering on the empty hallway once he was gone from sight before he slowly shifting; picking himself back up and continuing on his patrol. So that he might be done with it and prepare himself for the consequences that were yet to come.

-exit-

""

Table @ Centience.