Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Welcome to the fray
or Register
AW 
Call out my name
10-16-2020, 12:11 AM
  Reply  | 
She snuck out under the cover of dark. The house was quiet, everyone else tucked into their beds without a care in the world, until they opened their eyes come morning that is. She crept with practiced skill, knowing which board would creak beneath her weight and which would keep her secret. Her heart raced, thundering wildly against her chest as it always did whenever she snuck out. There was a secret thrill, knowing she'd get away with it, but she also knew the risk, the punishment she would endure if caught. It had happened on a few occasions, she thought she'd be beaten within an inch of her life, but it was never enough to deter her completely.

The summers night air was warm on her face and a soft breeze played with her tangled hair. Sticking to the shadows, she navigated the streets with practiced ease until she was a safe distance from home. Her snow white legs were dusty, dirted with this weeks work and the dark areas of her coat were just as dusty. But she didn't mind, it was just how she looked, how she had always looked. Disheveled and a bit of a mess, she wore it with dignity. Beneath the dirt, amber hues glittered, their depths warm and inviting, framed by thick, dark lashes.

Even at night, the marketplace buzzed with life. There was less trading though, more debauchery that seemed more acceptable under the moons glow. She stayed in the shadows, keeping her head down as she moved unnoticed. There was no hiding the excitement that brightened her gaze, she watched everything with a keen ear and attentive ears. She listened to the bartering that took place, the arguing back and forth over prices. The drunken banter was her own personal comedy show, causing dark lips to twitch with amusement. She longed to see this place during the day, when it truly came to life, but her absence would be noted. Just as it would at night, if she lingered too long.

She never spent more than an hour or two out, so when the time came, she'd begin to follow her path back home. Moving from shadow to shadow, again she went unnoticed, or at least she thought she did. Long legs carried her effortlessly and quietly, her hips swayed gently with each step, suggesting she was blissfully unaware of her own allure. Ears twitched as the marketplace noise faded a bit more with each step she took away from it and closer to her own personal hell.

Adira is always rated MATURE for triggers including violence, abuse and sexual themes.
10-16-2020, 04:03 AM
  Reply  | 

The man oft never left the library, it was his home and a place that he was far too busy to ever have any sort of semblance of a life outside of it. Not that he minded. It was in the family and so was he. He loved it immensely, it was the only thing he had ever known and loved. The outside world was too unpredictable, too boisterous... too surprising. It was no wonder that as he walked about, a tiny red thing among the sea of bodies in the darkness, that he blinked fearfully about. His bicolored eyes stared up at the faces, most of them annoyed, he could hardly even make out the details. Everyone just seemed so... upset.

Various smells tickled his nose, very few were pleasant. He could feel fear coiling up in his stomach. Alba wasn't here to offer comfort, the books weren't around to soothe him, none of this was familiar.

Just do the deal. Get the book. Head back home. That was it.

There was a man here that was offering to give him a new book, a rarity about uncommon diseases of wolves in Yaurith. He needed it. Although now he was regretting his decision to tell his feline companion to stay behind. Her comforting presence felt like an ache in his heart.

"Oy. You the one that's buyin' the book?" He'd made it! Tyto nodded his head and pulled out the few gold pieces that he had for the trade. "H-here you are, sir." The normally stoic library was so vastly out of his element and oh-so-very-obviously terrified as he took the book and set out on his way. "Th-thank you!" He stammered as he beat a hasty retreat.

He was hardly paying attention to where he was going, just that he had to get back to the library. He didn't like how bright his red fur was. It was a beacon in the night, even as he clung into the shadows.

He just wanted to be home, to be home, to be. "Oh! Oh my my, I'm terribly sorry! He'd nearly bumped into someone but in his haste to skitter backwards and keep from harming them, he'd dropped his leatherbound book on the ground in front of her. "Please, ma'am, I hope I didn't hurt you! Oh! Oh, bother. My glasses! I can't see!" Not only had he dropped his book, but his glasses had fallen as well and he was absolutely hopeless without them. This time though, Alba wasn't here to help him locate them as he frantically began to pat around with his paws, trying to find them.

441| @Adira | notes

"Nothing farther then he uttered"
not a feather then he fluttered
' Then the bird said “Nevermore.”'

Wolf © Lina T | Glasses © Trac Vu
Coding & Manip © Plymouth

10-16-2020, 07:22 PM
  Reply  | 
I look the devil in the eye

What she hadn't been expecting for someone to just skittering towards her, nearly bumping into her. Her own eyes widened and she reeled back in an attempt to avoid him and cause as little of a scene as a possible. But a scene is just what she got. The man fumbled, dropping not only his book but his glasses. His apology rolled clumsily off his tongue as he frantically tried to find his glasses. Alarmed, she stood frozen a moment, eyes darting around nervously as if her master was appear before her.

Here, let me help. She found his glasses easily enough and scooped them up carefully before handing them back to the man. He looked more flustered than she was. A small smile clung to her lips, hoping to soothe him, even if just a bit. She would pick up his book next, extending it his way. But she couldn't help her lingering gaze. She stared hard at the book, curious to know its contents. She itched to pull back the cover and read just the first page. Never before had she held a book, been so close to being able to read one. The smell of the old book was pleasant, inviting almost and the feel of leather in her grasp was smooth.

I apologize for causing you such trouble. The apology rolled off her tongue without a second thought. It was her fault, just as it always was. It was her place to apologize. Her gaze wold drop to her paws as she waited to be dismissed. It was a vain attempt to keep her eyes off the book, to put an end to her lingering stares as she attempted to focus on the man. He was above her no doubt, her respect was expected, demanded.

Adira Talk, Miko Talk

Code by Dusk

Adira is always rated MATURE for triggers including violence, abuse and sexual themes.
10-17-2020, 02:46 AM
  Reply  | 

Oh, jeez, how embarrassing! How horrible! What must she think of him? He felt so out of sorts that he wasn't surrounded by his books! When he was in the library everything just felt so right. He knew every bit of every book there! But out here? When he was alone in the world even without his faithful familiar, he just felt like everything was closing in on him. Especially now that it was dark and that he'd bumped into some poor young lady. It just so happened that the woman he bumped into was kind. She offered him assistance but before he could turn her away, she was handing him his lenses, that much he could see through his blurred vision.

"Oh! Thank-you, miss!" He said, graciously taking his glasses. He sat back on his haunches and fumbled around a bit with his paws as he tried to get them back on his face. Usually Alba helped him but he was alone in this endeavor now and it took him a bit of time. A bit of time that his companion was going over to grab his book for him.

By the time he'd managed to get his glasses reperched --and rather askewed-- on the bridge of his nose again he could see the larger woman's head dip as she was the epitome of demure... or was she sneaking glances at his book? He looked between the both of them. "No no, madame, that was all me. I was just in a hurry to get back to my library, you see. I apologize." Tyto could admit when he was fully in the wrong. There were absolutely no half-measures here. He completely was at fault for this whole mess up.

He grabbed the book back but looked at the woman up and down, keen gaze curious as he'd caught her lingering glances. "Ah, are you interested in this book?" Perhaps she was a healer of some sort and was interested in looking at diseases? He'd have no problem with telling her where to find this book once he'd gotten it stored in his library, she could come borrow it and/or read it if she wanted to.

366| @Adira | notes

10-19-2020, 11:39 PM
  Reply  | 
I look the devil in the eye

He was kind enough, at least so far. He offered thanks when she returned his glasses to him. While he fumbled around, trying to get them righted on his face, she couldn't help the small smile that ghosted across her lips. It would seem that he wasn't quite at ease, as if something had him off kilter. Her smile would disappear as quickly as it had come, now that his glasses where back in place, though perhaps just a bit crooked and held his book. He was an anomaly really, she'd not met another that wasn't a slave that was so skittish.

When he assured her that none of this was her fault, she was a bit perplexed. It was always her fault though. She would offer him a shy smile, a bit unsure of herself now. What did she say to that? Why was he being so nice to her? Then there was the mention of a library and it snagged her attention more than his kind mannerisms. Your library? She would ask, crown tipped to the side in question, her voice a bit mystified. She'd only heard of such a place, a place full of books. Oh how she wished to visit one before she left this world, but she often thought it was a foolish dream.

Her staring at not gone unnoticed and she couldn't stop the warmth that heated her cheeks when he asked if she was interested in the book. A sheepish smile lifted her lips. Whats it about? Her mother had managed to teach her many things, but books were hard to come by, most were just a few stolen glances, a few quick reads here and there. This man was now telling her that he had a library, a place full of books to quench her desire to learn.

Adira Talk, Miko Talk

Code by Dusk

10-20-2020, 05:06 AM
  Reply  | 

Your library. The words that escaped the maiden's lips sounded all too mystified and confused. Ah, he supposed that not everyone knew who he was. He didn't exactly resemble his father who'd kept the establishment before him and it wasn't as if he got out very much. Plus, there were the wolves who couldn't care less about reading. Squandering their minds in boorish pursuits that would never fulfill them. Poor fellows. In any case, he nodded his head in reply and actually sat a bit taller, obviously proud of the fact that it was his library. "Why yes, madame! I am the owner of the Yaurithian Library. My family has always been its keeper. Tyto Aspen, at your service, ma'am." Remembering his manners he gave a dip of his head and an extension of one foreleg in a bow.

When she asked her next question the man would continue on, "This book is about Uncommon Diseases in Yaurith. A rarity, honestly, that's why I had to come out at this ungodly hour to procure it from a shopkeep. He wouldn't sell it to me at any other time," He hated being out this late, it was so dangerous out here. "I have to get it back to the library so it can be catalogued and properly sorted onto the shelves. After that point you're more than welcome to come read it, or any others. If you're interested, of course, I know that this sort of tome isn't for everyone..." No, sometimes he tended to bore people to sleep when he got on and on about obscure topics such as the ones detailed in this particular book.

276| @Adira | notes