Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Welcome to the fray
or Register
PM 
Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
10-16-2020, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 02:01 PM by Dusk.)
  Reply  | 
This time, she had waited a long while before taking her leave. This time, she had to fight him a little. He didn't want his exotic treasure to leave, like she had done with so many other men. Collectors of pretty faces. How dare he? Thinking time after time again that she would stay. He must be a fool if he believed she would be content this time. But the masked woman wasn't content to be treated as an object, be a gem at a jewelry show. It was sickening, standing there in front of them all like an ancient marble statue. She was above such things- and so she left again. Now, her shoulder was nicked, but already dried. The man, her "owner"? He was likely trying to seek urgent help.... Well, at least he wouldn't spawn.

Around her neck curled the sunrise cobra, the noodle unwilling to loosen her grip, but it didnt matter, since it had helped staunch the bleeding from her cut. She loved her snake, and the snake loved her. Arachnae approached the tavern, a brothel, as they were often called. By now, it was well into the night hours, and a light drizzle wet her curly fur, sticking it against her litha yet fit frame. The Windows glowed, and the jaunty sound of music, drunken men, and cheating bastards sung from inside. A giggle from an entertainer rung out. The rose lady snorted, rolling her eyes. Red and blue octicles that fell upon a familiar face- and her eyes narrowed, and she adopted an irritated expression as she walked in his direction. Oddly enough, he wasn't inside the tavern- but outside, in the rain. She didn't find it as odd, knowing him... Too well. "Did you really think it would work this time? Do you just do it because they can't get refunds?"

@Harkan

10-16-2020, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 02:16 PM by Harkon.)
  Reply  | 
the gates of hell open to the sound of my laughter

That night the wolf traveled alone. Morgrim had been left to watch over his latest findings. Two girls with striking chestnut fur, their bodies untarnished by the brutalities of the world and of him. Should you need anything, Morgrim will gladly cater to you until I return. Perhaps it would’ve been consoling if the words hadn’t been curled around the throat of their mangled father.

Harkon was unfamiliar with this place of stone that he found himself now. Soldiers and Nobles alike traipsed under the afternoon haze, but as soon as the rain began to fall it was only vagrants and drunks that dare step out in the squall. He was neither. He had work to do. With the dull sound of rain dancing upon his heavy cloak and the cold feeling of mud between his toes, Harkon followed the thick stench of sex and liquor. The brothel stood tall and lively, even with a leaky roof, nothing would interrupt desperate fucking at the expense of a week’s worth of coin. Harkon looked at the building with scrutiny, deciding whether or not he’d find anyone of worth inside when -- “Did you really think it would work this time?” The wolf’s eyes widened a fraction. “Do you just do it because they can’t get refunds?”

With hackles smothered by his cloak, the fury was more evident on his face when he turned to see Arachnae. Again. With hardly a chance to spare a glance around to ensure they were unseen, Harkon closed the distance between them and caught the side of her neck in a grip hard enough to draw blood. He drug the small woman around to the side of the brothel and wrenched his head to throw her against the wall into the shadows. “Have you lost your fucking mind?” He snarled, remembering quite well the lightness of his purse after he left her at the doorstep of her owner for the third time. “I knew there was never anything to you besides a pretty face, but surely you aren’t so fucking stupid to be standing in front of me again. Harkon spat. “Perhaps I should’ve cut your tendons.”

Those blazing eyes would drop to her throat above the collar of her snake. “Or perhaps I should save myself the headache and take you to Ledger.” While it had been years of unfortunate reunions between the two, Arachnae had been with him on several occasions when he conducted business with the burly beast of the South. The one who fucked corpses and paid good money for fresh ones.

Harkon speaks . Morgrim speaks.
Code by Dusk

10-16-2020, 03:01 PM
  Reply  | 
His eyes widened a bit, and she was snatched. She felt the sting of his fangs break skin lightly right on top of the wound she already had, but insteas of screaming out a yelp like most females would have- she just wheezed. Her body hit the stone of the side of the building, and she grunted, whipping her head to look him in the eyes, lips pulled back. "Hey, ass hat! Watch it, your damaging your own goods, here." she huffed. The cobra around her neck buzzed her tail violently, nervous at the confrontation. Even if she had bitten the male, he likely would break her spine before her venom killed him. And then she would leave her precious pink lady behind. Her coils tightened, and Arachnae growled, forcing her to loosen. "You of all people should know my mind has always been in tatters. Besides, I'm not that pretty- look at this scar." she said, showing off the grizzly scar around her right eye. "Take me to him, wouldn't matter. Id find a way to come back. You could throw me into a crevice, and i would show up half dead at your bedside." she stated. What an odd threat. Was it a threat? Maybe. Not a menacing one. "Stop taking me back to them. He will definitly want a refund this time.... I bit off and ate his testicles." she laughed, but there was no humor in it. There was more mirth in the cry of a dying deer.

@Harkon

10-17-2020, 04:31 AM
  Reply  | 

The woman, who seemed more like a leech than a wolf, drew her head back and flashed her teeth. Harkon released a snarl that nearly drowned out her words. “Hey, ass hat! Watch it, you’re damaging your own goods, here.” The male’s thick tail pulled high over his hips as he bared his own bloodstained teeth. “There is nothing good about you. You are nothing more to me than a parasite.” Saliva speckled her cheek as he snarled. “And even they can be removed with coin. Do not think because I haven’t beaten you that we are friends, girl.” Harkon’s presence dominated hers, pressing her into the stone wall with the threat of changing that very fact. Had they been in the South, tucked into a familiar landscape where many knew his name, he would’ve torn out her throat then and there. No one would be the wiser.

Arachnae only continued to dig herself deeper beneath his ire. “You of all people should know my mind has always been in tatters. Besides, I’m not that pretty - look at this scar.” She’d barely turned her mangled face towards him before he snapped his teeth near that scarred eye. “And I’ll take whatever could’ve been salvaged and swallow it. Your bastardized mind seems to think I care who’s branded your body with what.” If there was one thing the beast despised over insubordination, it was insolence. And fuck if she wasn’t full of it. For years now she’d been a thorn in his site, a festering rot to a wound that would not heal. When the blight spreads through the palm, take off the hand.

Just then, Harkon caught the stare of a staggering drunkard leaning against her familiar. He stepped back away from the woman who was at the center of his rage before he found himself with his jaws wrapped around her neck with witnesses nearby. “Take me to him, wouldn’t matter.” She went on, and Harkon took another step back. He couldn’t kill her here. There’d be nowhere to put her body… “I’d find a way to come back. You could throw me into a crevice, and I would show up half-dead at your bedside.” The man snorted. “Then I’ll save myself the trouble and leave you dead behind the whorehouse with the rest of the trash.” Now there’s an idea.

Now a second bar goer watched the two, and Harkon’s jaw ached. While he was malicious, he was not stupid. Yaurith bustled with wolves, sober or otherwise. It was proving to be more difficult with each passing second not to fall back into step his ways of the South. Annoyances could be handled with the muted crack of a spine and the taste of bile. Harkon took a step towards the onlookers who hastily staggered into one another before shuffling back into the safety of the bar. “Stop taking me back to them. He will definitely want a refund this time…” He spat from deep within his throat. “And why’s that?” Arachnae let out a curt laugh. “I bit off and ate his testicles.”

Harkon’s face hardened, teeth pressed hard enough together they creaked deep in his skull. Without Morgrim’s presence to calm him, the wolf stalked back towards her, the heft of the clawed axe at his side an inviting weight the closer he neared. “You can’t get it through your thick, empty skull, can you? Not only have you come back to me, but you’ve brought his wrath along with you. You know what they say about me when you come crawling back? That I provide bad business. I will not let a scarred whore drag my name through the mud because she fails to use her mouth as she’s told.” Harkon’s breath was hot on her face. “You will go back. You will grovel. And you will stay out of my fucking sight.”

Code by Dusk

10-17-2020, 02:43 PM
  Reply  | 
His jaws pressed against her neck, but then thwy had an audience. He slithered back and forth, and Arachnae turned her head, looking at him with the unmarred side of her face. "Bah, you think I dont get it? How about you understand something. How do you think i managed to escape those times before, without having to mutilate him? I did what my blood has learned over centuries.... I created a paralysis poison. A tranquilizer, if you will. I am useful to you, and you know it." she stated, her voice mildly edged with irritation. She didnt fear him, she didn't fear death either. The idea of it was a sweet release.... But, she had things to complete alive, first. "Imagine how easy it would be, to get women after their drinks have been spiked, they are nothing more than a zombie to follow your will. Perhaps, i am a parasite.... But at least I'm one who is capable of symbiosis. Harkon..... Please, just stop shipping me off. He never paid much, anyways. My work is worth a whole lot more than what you can make off my body- which he never touched, by the way. He called me his pure trophy. Disgusting." Arachnae said, ears pressed against her head.

10 hours ago
  Reply  | 

The red parasite ignored him completely, causing his lips to peel back in a wild impatient snarl. “Bah, you think I don’t get it?” Harkon’s tongue ached to palm his mace and bludgeon the bitch across the temple. “How about you understand something? How do you think I managed to --” The wolf turned from her then, a painful pulse forming behind his eyes as his anger clashed with his frustration. His tired eyes found the light from a window against the ground, reminding him that just beyond these cobbles and timber there were patrons and harlots within. Perhaps one of them would find the idea of a fight erotic enough to force the wretch off his hands.

“Imagine how easy it would be, to get women after their drinks have been spiked, they are nothing more than a zombie to follow your will.” Harkon snorted loudly, a smile that held no humor curling his mouth. “Perhaps you should sample its potency first.” He spat before she went on to ramble.

The wolf stepped away from her now towards the front of the brothel. A stiff drink would drown her insolence, at least until morning. But before he rounded the corner, Harkon stopped and looked back. “No.” He growled. Without returning to her side, he lifted his chin and let his sharp eyes catch hers. “Your being here is evidence enough that you cannot do as your told. The only thing you’ve proven to me is a lack of obedience. I will not add an insubordinate scarred crone to my payroll.”

Code by Dusk

10 hours ago
  Reply  | 
Arachnae ignored his comment for her to sample her drugs. No, she tested her drugs out of the other 'trophies' owned by the wretched man. They worked wonders. As he turned, clearly irritant, Aravh became frustrated, walking up to him as he began to round the corner and looked back at her. "Im not disobiedient- I'm loyal to you. You took me from that place.... Harkon... I can't just forget that. You know what it was like there. I have told you of it.... You even saw what the inside of the camp looked like..." the bones.... The throne of bones... She felt the sharp pain of one of her episodes, and she whimpered a high tone, shaking her head to try to focus. This was NOT the time. "I dont ask for much pay, just enough for me to buy the herbs I need, and a little more for the cost of food. I'm useful, I promise. Please." she was sounding desperate, just eager for the conversation to be over so she could douse the piercing pain in her skull with whiskey.