Frostbound
Run toward the sun
Hello There, Guest!
or Register
PM 
hourglasses and broken hearts
10-20-2020, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 07:40 AM by Ayame.)
  Reply  | 

Cassius Dumonte
The male stood there like a block unable to move his paws from the spot. His dual-colored orbs locked on the door as if it was a portal to another world entirely. It was one of the rare times where the band of red that circled the ocean blue seemed to be fighting for superiority within his irises. He wanted to just run away to the expedition that the king commanded without saying a word - it was a cowardice idea. The other side of him knew he had to tell Esmeray where he was going but he didn't have to say why.

A ragged exasperated breathe squirmed from his grim closed ebony lips. "I can do this. It's for us." He spoke the words harshly to no one but himself. He pushed the door open with his right forepaw and slowly padded in. The study was always pristine. Filled with silvers and golds but none of it matched her splendor. The male's orbs fluttered over the open space until they fell on her flanks. His nose gave a faint huff as he drew in her sweet scent with a low passive sigh. How exactly would he handle being away from Esmeray for so long? He'd been at her side since he was merely a pup chasing after her with his extra puppy weight. They had been so close in the old days. Almost like dear friends. The reminder felt like a phantom hand reaching into his chest to squeeze at his already worn and battered heart.

It had been nearly a week since their....well he wasn't sure what to call it. Since then he'd barely been around except to help her in the battle against the beasts that marched from the woods. A clean white cloth was wrapped around his bottom jaw and fixed around the back of his head through his sooty cheeks. His side still had fresh pink welts from the bear's mighty swipe that he'd faced barely days before that last battle. He was truly worn out but he needed this. Maybe the breathing space would be good for them especially since now he was working for her out of will instead of the order of her father.

"Esmeray," the warmth of his voice filled the cool air of the room. "I have to talk to you about something important - if you just have a moment." He raised his head to lock eyes toward her. Preparing himself for that cool cold gaze that looked straight into his heart freezing it with her beauty and prowess.

I speak & Familiar speaks

table ▸ bunny

10-20-2020, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 03:55 AM by Esmeray.)
  Reply  | 

Esmeray de Agnor Valencia
How long had it been since Cassius' voice echoed against the stoned walls of her study? From her memory, about a week. It had been a week since Cassius had dropped off the grid, only appearing for moments at a time before disappearing to — who knows where. When morning came, the man was gone and when moonlight broke through the night like silverfish forcing themselves against the stone, he was nowhere to be seen. She had told herself that she'd wait until he was ready to come, but the truth was that she was simply too prideful — too stubborn — and too uncertain to summon him back against his will.

But it would seem that her waiting would not be in vain.

Esmeray
I have to talk to you about something important—
if you just have a moment.

A book closed shut loudly before she placed it on the windowsill behind her study. A rather large, arching window that was the primary source of light in this room and made her seem no more than a silhouette in the break of day. The temptation to respond with some seething comment was there, especially after his last jab about her father. A childish, petty and spiteful character attempted to pursue the light, but she would not act upon it. Not yet at least.

"What is it?" Her voice rang clear in the air like the crisp scent of fresh snow on the Dawnforge Mountains against the nose. Her body turned like a snake coiling its body and for the first time in nearly a week, their eyes would meet. But there would be no warmth in his eyes. No hatred, no anger, but rather... uncertainty?

Almost instantly, her original thoughts of him coming to apologize vanished and unease replaced the thought. For some strange reason, she had a feeling what news the man would bear would not be one that she would enjoy.

Brows pulled into a furrow for his words were like bait. Words to draw her closer into the tempest storm, a chaotic force brewing in the distant. The phrase 'the eye of the storm' was no more than an inexperienced poet's turn of phrase for there was none to be seen here. Lure her into a false belief of safety and reassurance would his voice do, and his words, oh his words. How they would bring a demise that she would never forsee. The Noblewoman felt her teeth clench involuntarily as if she could've braced for what news this harbinger would tell.

table ▸ bunny

10-20-2020, 07:06 AM
  Reply  | 

Cassius Dumonte
Staring at that door for nearly ten minutes did nothing to calm his nerves now that he was under Esmeray's cold gaze. She didn't seem to be hostile to him despite the end of their last real conversation but she didn't light up either. There was no action he could take to stop the assault of his lips tilting down in a forlorn frown. Perhaps, there really wasn't anything between them at all? Was he trying to fight for an illusion in his own mind? The male found himself torn within himself.

"What is it?" Her words were sharp he hadn't been ready to accept the thorn of her words and his paw shifted a whole step backward. His resolve was crumbling under her stormy ocean gaze and he was helpless. He swallowed at the lump that had formed in his throat straining to cripple with himself to get his shit together. He stomped one of his forepaws forward to recover his lost step. Cassius's ocean and lava eyes glowered at her consideration. "I'm going to join the expedition into the new lands." There he said it.

It felt as if a great weight had been removed from his chest and he stood a little taller...perhaps prouder? He craned his neck to lift his dark head toward the ceiling. "I've already placed a temporary guard to accompany you during the trip. I just wanted you to hear it from me," his voice grew softer this time as if revealing a layer of vulnerability.

table ▸ bunny

10-20-2020, 07:21 AM
  Reply  | 

The words reminded her of the gallows. How the criminals whose faces covered behind scrappy bags, not even given the luxury to witness their executioners and spectators, would fidget under the noose's hold. How the birds of death would circle above them and cry, waiting for the crowd to disperse so they could feast. But when the wooden floors opened to reveal nothing but empty space, the bodies would wriggle like unearthed worms and blood would spread across the section of the bag with their mouth behind it. The birds' cries more sporadic and carnal. Then the bodies would cease to move and only silence ensued.

His words were exactly that. A deafening silence, a paradox on its own.

I've already placed a temporary guard to accompany you during the trip.
I just wanted you to hear it from me.

A faint chuckle escaped her lips, so quiet it was almost inaudible as her mind could only scornfully thank him for this thoughtfulness. There was a fire in body that wanted to burn more, but fire can not burn with oxygen and she had been holding her breath the entire time. Finally, a sigh escaped her — a tired one.

"How long? How long until you leave?"

She was tired of keeping this up between the two of them. A week had passed, an entire week of the cold shoulder from both parties and the words he greeted her with were words of goodbye.

The real question that made her heart yearn like a trapped beast being mocked with a spider's thread. How it could reach for it, how it reached to where the light was. But alas, it would always be barely out of reach and even if by some miracle hands wrapped itself against the fine silver thread, it would snap instantly. Yet, she found herself reaching for the thread and the light, hoping for something if anything at all.

"How long until you return?"

table ▸ bunny

10-20-2020, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 07:44 AM by Cassius.)
  Reply  | 

Cassius Dumonte
He was starting to think he was a fool to think he could stand in front of her like the good little guard. He didn't want to admit it but his heart pulsed hard against the walls of his chest just looking at her. She was so gods-damn beautiful. She was right in front of him but he was forbidden to touch her or even speak of anything that he'd said in the past. He'd found himself loosening his jaws to chew at his bottom lip with wave of nervous energy.

"How long? How long until you leave?" The words hit him nearly as hard as that damn bear in the woods had. He felt the air knock out of his lung escaping the confines of his mouth. His jaws gapped as he struggled to find some sort of grounding. She really didn't care, did she? She just wanted him out of her fur after all? His paws ached with the need to race from the room, but he flexed his claws against the softness of the woven rug under him. The texture distracting him from his whirlwind of thoughts.

"How long until you return?" It was an unexpected follow up. He found his eyes lifting from the floor to take in her face once more. From her soft nose to her scarred muzzle to the intensity of those icy blue orb. Pure painful perfection."I'm leaving in the next two hours," he paused briefly. He wasn't sure how to answer her second question as he himself was not told how long this expedition would last. "..To be honest, they don't know.. it's an expedition into unknown lands. It could be days, weeks, months, possibly even years. I'm uncertain, but I'll be back one day," he stated softly as his eyes burned into her own.

His body remained still like a stone. He wanted to touch her just one more time, to feel her fur against his own. To tell her things would be okay. Cassius's body even twitched with the need to move but he forced himself to remain still. He couldn't spring on her another episode like the last time they spoke. He needed to know his place for now until he could prove to her there was more to him.

table ▸ bunny

10-20-2020, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 06:53 PM by Esmeray.)
  Reply  | 

One day. One day. It was a beautiful word for a punishment for there was no greater torture than time itself. Waiting for something, not known when or even if it'll ever come. There was a reason why those whose crimes fit for the gallows were never told the day of their execution. To live each day in fear that it may be your last was a damnation on its own.

His promise reminded her of a story she had enjoyed as a child, though the book now tattered and lost. A story of the lady and her knight who swore to return to her side.
It was an essential banality to the fairytale, but she could not help but think about it now.

His body was frigid against the rug as if the ground itself had petrified him in his current state. Dual colored eyes rivaled her own blues with determination and she knew there was no hope, no point, in attempting to stop him. A long moment of silence drew between the two like a starless pond in the midst of the night. Its surface never breaking form, not to the wind nor the earth itself. It was a peaceful silence, the calm before the storm where all she could do was hold his gaze before softening at the end.

"Come here," the woman murmured.

It was a cruel act, the one she would do if he came to oblige. The two, so foolishly stubborn, that neither would ask despite their bodies wanting to and their minds needing the comfort. She would've felt her muzzle against the warmth of his neck like warm waters gently running along her fur. A familiar smell of the earthbound winds surrounding her own, one she had somehow associated the concept of home to and no matter how close the two would bring themselves, it would never be close enough. She wanted to stay there until she could not tell her own scent from his and the room, until his warmth lingered for hours even after he was gone.

But none of those would happen, because for him, she would give space and time. An act of mercy and sadism.

"I found something at the market. I thought it'd make a decent charm for your trip," she smiled softly as the faint creaking came from her drawer.

table ▸ bunny

10-21-2020, 02:28 AM
  Reply  | 

Cassius Dumonte
He could barely handle the thought of approaching her as she said it. His mind rallied against him screaming how easy it would be to forget his mission if his nostrils drew her scent into the recesses of his glands. His orbs seemed to narrow the darkness of his pupil drawing into a pinprick that focused on her lovely face. He watched as she pulled forward a drawer and the creak tickled his mind to react but he could not.

He stood mesmerized by the sheer elegance of her cheekbones high and refined. The lovely angle at which her muzzle bent with a strong sleekness. That soft yet willful tip of her nose as if a god itself sculpted it just for her. His eyes stole across her jaw which displayed raw and untapped power under most circumstances except when she chose to fight. Whenever she did, it simply wracked his mind how powerful she truly was. Just along her snout, he spied the mark her father had given her and it brought rage to his stomach if only for a moment.

If could he could have received that blow in her stead. Every time his eyes touched the mark he felt a blow of shame to his pride for being unable to protect her no matter how impossible. The soft lull of her icy eyes caught him last and he relished in the soft clash of lighter to dark that encompassed her irises. It had felt like an eternity that he stood there gawking over her like a peasant pup's first time seeing a queen of the realm. His paws shifted under him as if another force was driving him forward. The slate of his flanks wove past the lovely wooden tables past lovely furs and rugs. Trinkets of every size and color until he came directly beside her. Not across her desk. Not across the room.

The silver strands of his cheeks brushed past the soft fibers of dark stormy gray that marked her shoulder as he crept past her to look upon the drawer's contents. Cassius simply existed at this moment. His nostrils twitching as they drank up the contents of the air savoring in the rain and jasmine that made up her scent. He savored it and his lashes bent forward stealing away his gaze as he simply soaked up the moment. If he died on this venture he would not go unsatisfied. Just to breathe her in - to brush against her fur would be enough to fulfill him for a life time.

table ▸ bunny

10-21-2020, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 04:22 AM by Esmeray.)
  Reply  | 

His presence was tantalizingly sweet like a poison that simply made you want to take more for it filled what you lacked with a temporary padding that made you feel whole again. The kind of poison you'd call the product of a dream or something impossible. But his love for her was like poison, no matter how sweet it was because they'd either both survive or sink.

The woman pulled out a single item from the drawer before closing it. A glass chess piece that she had bought from the Marketplace not long ago out of impulse. The knight of white, the first piece she'd move in a game. When she passed by it at the market, it did not catch her eye because of its sheen nor shine, but rather that she could not help but recall his name in that very moment. The knight was but her favorite piece, her favorite being in this entire household. It was the pieces she'd keep until the end — sacrifice all her pawns and even the queen if need be — for it was her ace. The one they would always underestimate but show its true prowess under pressure.

She had intended for it to be no more than a paperweight, but in the end, she found a use for it. A much more sentimental one.

The gift was handed to him in a gentleness she once extended when he had given her his first gift. A simple glass figure, similar to the one before them now. One that he had obtained out of his paycheck despite her chiding and protests. "It's a charm. A good luck one," she explained. By now, her eyes had long lost contact from his, for she feared that a rival between water and fire would break her.

"So that you may return safely" back to me. Perhaps it was not a charm to reassure him, but rather herself. She was not a strong believer in superstitions and the supernatural, but here, she would make an exception and pray that such things were real. "So that I may see you soon — whether that be days, weeks, months, or possibly even years," the woman echoed back his phrase.

Her eyes finally gained the courage to look upon his face to look for something because maybe in his eyes she would find comfort and if not his eyes then his arms which had once sheltered her from harm so long ago. The temptation to delay him further was there, to ask him if he could wait but another minute before leaving. But in his eyes, she found only resolute resolve. His decision had been made and even if he wanted to go back on it, she knew that he would never. An admirable trait she had learned to appreciate, cherish and ultimately abuse.

table ▸ bunny

10-22-2020, 09:18 PM
  Reply  | 

Cassius Dumonte
He would be a liar to not note how sweet she smelt. The finest of flowers littering the soft lull of a summer shower that pelleted the summertime grass. He couldn't help but indulgle in sweetness reaching out his snout to absorb the scent with a gentle twitch of the soft moist ebony flesh that trembled at the top of his nose. For all he knew this could be the last time he smelled her this closely or at all. What if he was unfortunate? What if this expedition would be the end of him as a wolf. These were dark and perilous thoughts but they still lingered. More present in her presence than when he'd accepted this expedition.

A good luck charm? The words vibrated in his core as he held the well sanded down piece of white glass. He resembled a knight. Greatest defender of the queen. Turning his bag down against his chest it placed the item in a piece of cloth in a small pocket near the interior. His orbs flickered upon her face searching the depths but her eyes eluded him. He settled to study her features at a closer sight. The delicate roundness of her cheeks with her fur nearly brushed even at this sensitive area. He felt like a brute at that moment. He was disheveled in appearance dark charcoal grays and slate blending together with knots here and there. He didn't remember a time before now that he looked so rough in front of her. Perhaps, when his mother had taken her own life after the death of two of his brothers.

Distracting himself from this moment was becoming increasingly hard. The way she spoke his phrase back was chilling for him. It felt like her paw had slipped into the confines of his chest patting the area to lock on his chest. It felt as if she'd prompted forth just one of those dangerously sharp claws posed it against his heart. She wanted him to return? It sounds like as much as he wanted to. "Esmeray." The revelation surprised him. Slowly her eyes returned to him and it felt like he was slipping down a pit at that moment that he may lose her utterly and completely. "I don't care if you hate me for this. I may die anyway, but I will die happy at least," he stated the words boldly with his eyes practically aflame. The crimson of his eyes forcing the azure into a thin band that wrapped around the darkness of his pupil. His growl died down but his paws pushed forward.

His chest pressing into her own as he embraced her locking one paw around her shoulder to pull her deep against the heart she'd captured despite her own wishes. He felt somewhere between paradise and hell knowing that this moment would soon end but he needed it as much as he needed blood in his veins. His lips braced against her neck to place a quiet kiss there against the tender tresses.

table ▸ bunny

10-23-2020, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 03:09 AM by Esmeray.)
  Reply  | 

The glass sculpture would be carefully wrapped in a cloth within his container. The symbolism was something her guard would catch onto quickly for she had seen herself as the queen, not as the king who needed to be protected. But in chess for as highly as the queen was regarded, all of the enemy's pieces and pawns would rally until she had no where to flee. Her movements though indeed intimidating, were straightforward. When paired with the rook or the bishop, Esmeray believed it to be a tactless play for it had been done dozens if not hundreds of times already. The queen and the knight, however? You could never have the same move twice.

That was the relationship she and Cassius had.

An everchanging and adaptable one. The two would always keep each other on the edge for their new experiences never the same as the last and in turn, they too would keep everyone else around them uncertain of their next moves. It was a beautiful relationship that she had hoped to memorialize into stone so that their names may last where their bodies may fail. But now, that hope seemed further away than ever as his presence would soon leave her side within the next hours.

Esmeray.
I don't care if you hate me for this.
I may die anyway, but I will die happy at least.

Her heart broke a little. "I don't hate you," she responded painfully. Was that what he thought? Even now as he prepared to leave? Had he not come to her office for a final farewell, would her knight have left with the notion that she despised his very face? "I never d—"

And his paws wrapped around her shoulder as his chest pressed against hers. Her body frozen — not out of anger but rather surprise. She felt the hairs along the backs of her ears rise in anticipation before his lips pressed themselves against the flesh of her neck. She felt her mind feel the need to push him away for it was not right to deny a man's love only to accept within the span of a few days. She prided herself on her words and actions, but there was no pride here. Only a sinful bliss that she let herself indulge in.

She felt herself nuzzle his neck like a feather against the very surface of his skin as if her touch would cause a mirage to disappear. Her raspy breaths were but encouragement as she held him closer, her only regret that their first moment of intimacy be against the stone walls of her study rather than a bed. "Stay like this," she murmured into his neck breathily. There was only so much you could test a person before they retaliated and he had pushed her too far. Her nails wrapped against his back, digging into the skin and fur. Had she been a feline, three long marks under each paw would've lingered for a few days and reminded him what had transpired this very afternoon. Her lips parted, drawing his scent in before capturing the skin of his neck within. It was a lust for the man that could not be satisfied in a few mere hours, but only by a lifetime.

In that moment, her hold became became firmer, harder as she pictured the two in the future perhaps doing the same thing as they were now, but they would not be hiding and their scandalous acts would not stop at small kisses. Her release would not come until long after she was done. Pearled canines would sink deeper, but they would never break the delicacy that was the surface of his skin but how she would long for it. To have him under her in her hold and in her mercy. An affectional that she had attempted to hide blossomed in the light as her darker desires whispered you're mine.

However, her knight had made a foolish error on his half. He believed her to be docile when she was not. She felt her urges — savage and bestial — and her nails dug firmly in, a sign that he would not escape to the Moorlands yet. Her maw would part, but he would not be spared. Her muzzle roughly pressed against his throat, forcefully removing his tender kisses from her neck as she returned the gift with more fervor than he had offered. They trailed his throat, each one igniting a small ember as she found herself closer to his chin, forcing him to angle his head towards the ceiling if he wanted more. With each kiss, she became more impassioned, more desperate and more dangerously close to his ebony lips.

table ▸ bunny